+++ Daniel Bye [freebsd] [27-12-02 12:02 +0000]:
| On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 03:18:41PM +0400, Fawaz wrote:
| > Hello everyone,
| >
| > We are a small company, and we have a POP3 Email server that is running by
| > iPlanet. I need to to build a web interface so I can check the email by a
| > browser. Since that iPlanet thing was provided by some 3rd party company,
| > which is not able to setup an application that fits our need, I thought of
| > building a server, and installing some application on that server to pull
| > the messages from the POP3 account, and publish it by Apache -as an example.
| > Any idea? Thanking you in advance
|
| SquirrelMail in the ports may be just what you're looking for.  Provided
| you can pull the mail off the iPlanet box and deliver it to the correct
| mailboxes on your server, then it should work just fine.

        does squirrelmail use POP3? AFAIK, it uses IMAP.

# make search key=squirrelmail
Port:   squirrelmail-1.2.8
Info:   A webmail system which accesses mail over IMAP
Maint:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Index:  mail www
B-deps:
R-deps: apache-1.3.27 mod_php4-4.2.3 mysql-client-3.23.52

Regards,
Shantanu

--
Everyone is a genius.  It's just that
some people are too stupid to realize it.