On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 14:47:25 -0500
Jonathan Horne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> i compiled vsftpd from ports today.  at the end of the install, it
> asks me to add vsftpd_enable="YES" to /etc/rc.conf, and also that i
> should add:
>
> listen=YES
> background=YES
>
> to /usr/local/etc/vsftpd.conf.  when i do all those things, vsftpd
> will start when i issue it from a terminal, but it will not start at
> boot.
>
> can someone point me in the right direction here?

do you have /usr/local/etc/rc.d/vsftpd
and is it executable ?

afair the last version of vsftpd asks you before installing whether you
want to use the rc.d/ script or not

if you don't have this script, i've just copied it here :
http://scii.nl/~albi/vsftpd

--
grtjs, albi
gpg-key: lynx -dump http://scii.nl/~albi/gpg.asc | gpg --import