Dear Folks:
        My version of  gcc  doesn't work (reports errors in code that compiles
elsewhere).  Where can I go to download a later version of  GNU  code for  gcc
&  gdb  suitable for a  FreeBSD  system?  I went to the  GNU  site but all I
found there was source code ( .c  &  .h ), useless without a working compiler.
Also, even if I had found a working binary,
how would I know if it is for  FreeBSD ,  LINUX ,  Solaris , or some other
system?
        Are there inexpensive but good working commercial compilers suitable
for a  FreeBSD  system?  If so, what are they and how can their distributors be
contacted?  What about shareware or freeware?