On 5/13/06, Aren Olvalde Tyr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Saturday 13 May 2006 18:35, Tom Moore wrote:
> Hi guys.
> Which program is best for retrieving and keeping the ports tree up to
date?
> What are some pros and cons of each approach?
> Is one method better than the other?

Both systems are very efficient and work extremely well, so you won't go
too
far wrong with either. However, I believe Portsnap has the edge and uses
less
bandwidth.

Keeping your Ports tree up to date with Portsnap is as simple as

#portsnap fetch && portsnap update

Or as of 6.0-RELEASE, just:

# portsnap fetch update    ;)

Assuming, of course, you've already extracted the tree...

Aren.

-David