On 6/26/06, Mike Galvez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

My problem was with my backup server being FreeBSD and running AMANDA. The
Powervault
autoloader was generating SCSI errors. After I setup AMANDA on Linux and got
the same
errors, they were willing to replace the Powervault autoloader.

With the new autoloader in place, I replaced the Linux OS with the same
instance of FreeBSD
I was using before. No more SCSI errors.

All of this took more time than it should have.

I can't start to tell you the time I and another collegue wasted with
Dell Support (we're talking Gold Queue here) on a Powervault PV660T.
Logs here, logs there, exercise this, reflash that... I think the damn
thing must have been replaced part by part about 2 times, excluding
the chassi!
And having to reboot a bunch of (Windows) clusters because of the PV
was the icing on the cake! This coating was perfomed many times....
At a certain point in time we upgraded the PV from 4 to 6 loaders. It
took Dell 3 wrong scsi cables to finally send the right one.

--
Joao Barros