At 19:53 2006-07-16, you wrote:
I have a need to stream video from my server room to wherever I am via the
web.  Basically, I need to be able to see the temperature sensor in the
room when an alarm is indicated, and I need to be able to see what mode
the A/C is in.

I have found some articles regarding streaming video, but nothing which
seemed to relate to streaming video realtime.

I have a USB web cam, and Apache installed.  And, I am running FBSD 5.3 on
the server.

Any suggestions as to what I should look at would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think streaming is really mandatory for this kind a setup... Just do a cron job every 1 minute (ajust if necessary) that will take a picture, and save it as jpg in the root of your website...

Then just use a simple "meta refresh" in your web page so that it reloads itself every 1 minute...