On Mon, 14 Aug 2006, Scott Sipe wrote:

On Aug 14, 2006, at 4:28 PM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006, John Nielsen wrote:

This is great!

Is the 15-minute first-time waiting period enforced on the server side?
Obviously there's nothing to stop an administrator from editing the script
locally..

It is enforced on the server side ... in fact, one person just reported to me that they killed the script and re-ran it, and the stats went through ... they didn't, the server side will reject the submission until the first minute time has elapsed ... I've got some ideas on how to better clean that up on the client side ...

This just happened to me as well--I installed the port, added lines to periodic.conf and manually ran:

/usr/local/etc/periodic/monthly/300.statistics

output as follows:

# /usr/local/etc/periodic/monthly/300.statistics
chown: /var/db/bsdstats: No such file or directory
To protect against abuse, the initial challenge/response phase
contains a 15 minute pause.  Please be patient while this time
limit elapses
^C
# /usr/local/etc/periodic/monthly/300.statistics
Posting monthly OS statistics to bsdstats.org
Posting monthly device statistics to bsdstats.org
Posting monthly CPU statistics to bsdstats.org

I cancelled it to see why it showed the chown error.

chown error fixed in CVS now ... and if you run the script *now*, it will be past the 15 min mark and will submit properly ...

----