On 9/5/06, Jerold McAllister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Nikolas Britton writes:

>> > KOffice 1.5 has OpenDocument support.
>>
>> Not that I'm any more eager to get into
>> a KDE mess than a Gnome mess :)
>>
>> File format support is not important.
>> I just need something for my 9th-grader
>> to use for school papers.
>>

> FreeBSD and Linux will not meet your teenagers needs, If you really
> want to introduce your kid to UNIX then buy a Mac... trust me on
> this... I interact with many high school and college kids on a daily
> basis. Any used Mac capable of running Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger and
> NeoOffice2 will suit your childs needs perfectly:

Please be more careful about advice you give that is really opinion.

You completely missed the point, you of all people should know exactly
what I'm talking about:

http://acns.msu.edu/organization/academic/information_systems/

So close to the kids and yet completely out of touch with their needs.

--
BSD Podcasts @:
http://bsdtalk.blogspot.com/