On Sep 21, 2006, at 2:22 PM, Kris Kennaway wrote:

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 02:21:08PM -0400, Michael Conlen wrote:
I recall that FreeBSD 6.1 had some NFS & lockd issues that were a
show stopper at one time for me however I'm having trouble finding
information on the current state of NFS. Anyone have a pointer to
information?

rpc.lockd remains unreliable; avoid using it if practical.

This is becoming a show stopper for us moving forward with FreeBSD and may require us moving to a different OS (Linux or Solaris, each with significant downsides). Do you have a pointer on where I can track the issue so as to make a decision at some point in the future?

--
Michael Conlen