Thanks, I have no actual deadline. Just something I want/need to do in
the near future. The tearing down and restarting is also something I
was planning on.

Somewhat off-topic, but have you thought about using vmware,
specifically vmplayer. There have been many a propellar-head that have
reverse engineered the process of creating vmware templates. There are
several places on the web that you can either create a blank template
or download a preconfigured template. Then just install the OS. You
can even link the virtual CD drive to an ISO image so that during the
startup of the image, the VM is running from what it thinks is a live
cd.

This is how I am doing some of my practice build/tear down stuff

here some of my links

http://www.easyvmx.com/
http://www.easyvmx.com/tutorial.html
http://www.ffnn.nl/pages/articles/linux … eation.php