dick hoogendijk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I think FreeBSD does _not_ support the linux ext2 / ext3

I think I read (a couple years ago) that the ext2 and ext3 filesystems
look the same on the disk; the difference is all in the kernel's
handling of the data.  If that's true (and you should check with Linux
people) then FreeBSD should be able handle it.  Again, a couple years
ago, I couldn't get the two OSes to even read each others FSs without a
few errors, so I resorted to transfering data by using a raw partition
as a "tar" _T_ape _AR_chive.

Report your success or failure, please.