Joe Holden wrote:
Rem P Roberti wrote:

I'm using the KDE window manager, but don't see how this would effect anything, as I am not able to shut down as user from the console.

This is the intended behaviour, you wouldn't want just anyone to shutdown your machines would you? ;)

That is very true, and I understand why this is by design, but in this case the ONLY user of the machine is me. It really is no big deal, but I am trying to understand just what is going on here. As I said, on my desktop I am able to shut down as user, and can't remember how I set it up so that occurs. Back to the handbook!

Rem