sorry, I hit reply, not reply all

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christian Walther" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Ray Still" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 1:03 AM
Subject: Re: problem with script execution

Try adding "#!/bin/sh" as the first new line of your script. Roughly
speaking: This makes the system use /bin/sh as the shell that executes
the script.
Specifying a PATH inside the script might help, too. Scripts have a
very small environment set by default, so your PATH might be just
something like /bin:/usr/bin. If sudo is in /usr/local/bin it won't
work.

thank you for your suggestions. I will try them and get bck to you.

Just out of curiosity: What is the "echo * |" supposed to do? From my
point of view the shell will expand "*" to the list of files and
directories in PWD, so "echo *" acts like a simple ls in this context.
This list is piped to sudo. But what does sudo do with these?

sorry, I didn't want to show my passwords, so I replaced it with an astrix. the password of course is being read from the pipe by sudo because of the -S option.