On 1/9/07, linux quest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
After running nmap for some time, I have got problem running a simple command
of nmap ... like

nmap 192.168.1.2
nmap: Command not found

I think there is something wrong with my installation procedures. I type in "make install
clean" command in /usr/local/bin/nmap and /usr/ports/security/nmap - but somehow I still see
the "command not found" message.

I have also typed in "make deinstall clean" on both of the directory location, restart the OS, and
install everything again using the "make install clean" command (on both of the directory location)
- but I still receive the same "nmap: Command not found" message.

Thanks for the help :)

Regards,
Linux Quest

Have you tried running "rehash" after the install? If you're using
[t]csh this is nessesary to make the shell discover new commands.
You only need to do "make install clean" in ports/security/nmap, not
in local/bin/nmap.
HTH
//Niclas