On 1/10/07, Jonathan Horne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
gentlmen, thank you for these answers, i think ill find them useful.

i did a some much needed reading into the names of the pentium processors,
and apparently my p4-540 is a Prescott, and my xeon is a Prestonia.  i
dont see anything in the eample-make.conf that mentions Prestonia.. what
would the best choice for that one be?  just plain "pentium4" ?

thanks,
jonathan

Sadly there is no good explination in the example when it comes to
server apps like apache, mysql, and other apps.

I mean what is the usage of using P4 of P3 when I compile mysql
server? isn't prescott better even my cpu is xeon which is nocona.

--
Regards,

-Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri
Arab Portal