On Jan 31, 2007, at 3:44 AM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

The FreeBSD server operators don't pay a dime for bandwidth and
if the bandwidth supplier for freebsd.org made the slightest complaint
about the bandwidth they are donating, there's a passel of ISP's and
networks that would fight each other for the chance of the feather in the
cap that hosting freebsd.org is.

What, exactly, is the benefit to an ISP to wear such a feather?

I realize it presents an image of good will, but I wonder how said benefits compare to the cost of providing the hosting, between bandwidth, power, and rack space.

Beyond that, showing appreciation for their donation, however small or big it may be, would be nice, no?

-jav