On 2/6/07, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have a 6.2 box on which I intend to set up a web server (lighttpd) and
a file server (samba).  The kicker is that I will need to allow for
French characters (é, à, ç, etc).  I had such an issue before but only
managed to solve it at the X level (via xorg.conf).  Now I need to
solve it at the console level.

put a line like this one in your /etc/rc.conf
keymap="your_keymap"

where your_keymap is one of the filenames in
/usr/share/syscons/keymaps, without the ending .kbd (e.g. for my swiss
french console I use
keymap="swissfrench.iso.acc"

I would also need to toggle back and forth between English and French.

man kbdcontrol
man kbdmap

Thanks in advance to any responders,

Hope this helps,