Hi.
I've read some pages about 'kern.maxusers', 'kern.maxdsize'.
I have questions:
1)
After I reduce 'maxusers' to some reasonable amount for that computer (say 10),
and enlarge 'maxdsize', will a user process be able to allocate
arrays that are considerably bigger than the physical memory size ?
This is what I really need. I run processes in which it can come to
1.5x-2x ratio.

2) Following the
http://www.opennet.ru/openforum/vsluhforumID1/40543.html#1
Should I put   maxdsize == phys mem size, or should I put it lower
(by how much) ?

3) On Intel pentium 4 machine with 2GB phys memory,
during installation where almost all options were taken as defaults,
should I worry that kernel is not configured to use PAE ?
Installation program by default allocated 4GB swap,
so totally it is 6GB. How do I check this ?

Thanks,
Dima.