On 03/11/2007 13:28, Sean Bryant wrote:
Jonathan Horne wrote:
ive been a KDE user for as long as i can remember. this week, im off from work, and want to spend some time trying something new with my laptop. so far i have it built with 6.2-RELEASE-p2, and xorg up to the minimal desktop.

id like to try to try something thats not gnome, or basically id like to try some of the lesser known, but still just as functional desktops.

can i get some recommendations, as well as what graphical mail reader and web browser works best with your recommendation?

thanks,
jonathan
It's in ports and its probably what you're looking for, fast, function and a fair bit of eyecandy.

I'll second the E17!

I honestly opt for Opera because its fast, functional and it has all the functionality I want built right in.

As for mail, it seems Opera dropped the ball on IMAP support. It's utterly horrid in Opera 9. Because of this I go for thunderbird because it just works the way I want.

Regards,
Eric