Ray wrote:
Hello,
I'm trying to setup a new server, and I'm having some problems mostly with the network card. (machine specs follow) I can't get a driver to work for the integrated network card. I've spent a number of hours on google / "the complete freeBSD" / "the freeBSD handbook". the handbook (section 11.8 http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/config-network-setup.html) outlines using ndis (project evil) drivers. I tried using this. I went through ndisgen, and everything seemed to work. I then tried to use kldload and got the error message: "kldload: can't load file.ko :operation not permitted" of course I did all of this as root. I am using the amd64 version of freeBSD (is this my first mistake?) and the 64 bit version of the drivers. as a side note, the supplied driver disk includes a source version of the linux driver. is there any way to use this?
Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.
Ray
machine specs
ASUS M2N-SLI DELUXE mobo
2GB ram
AMD 5200 x2 processor (sorry, the box isn't in front of me)

Not sure if nForce drivers are supported on the 6.2 install CD. You might want to give one of the 7-CURRENT driver CDs a go. Grab a snapshot iso from <ftp://ftp7.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/200703>, or the directory above it in one of the other snapshot directories if that doesn't work for you.

-Garrett