On 02/04/07, Peter A. Giessel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 2007/04/01 23:21, bram seems to have typed:
> If both machines are connected through a network you may also want to
> take a look at netatalk

or Samba or NFS.  For my network, I mostly transfer files between my
Macs (5 boxes) and FreeBSD (4 boxes) boxes via sftp.  It doesn't "mount"
any drives, but it efficiently and securely transfers files.

Unfortunately, they are only connected via the internet. Transferring
8gb+ files over a DSL-grade connection is rather painful...

The version of OS X that I'm using (10.3) doesn't seem to want to let
me format a drive as FAT32, so I'm trying in FreeBSD now.

thanks,
MC