Hi,

I plan to setup FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE on my Core Duo laptop with 1GB of RAM.

The handbook says "ideal swap size is 2xRAM", so should I use 2GB of swap ? This seems a bit huge to me, I never used more than 400MB on Linux. If so, is there a limit of swap partition size (or number) on i386 (for Linux it's 2GB per partition and 32 partitions max, but I don't know for FreeBSD) ?

I plan to use two slices so I can have 2x1GB of swap anyway, I'm just curious :-)