Hi!

Just a quick review of Content Management Systems from www.freshports.org, I saw and am interested in comments about tikiwiki. However, I saw while looking through Content Management Systems at wikipedia, that there are many open source, freely available CMS programs to be looked at. From this site,
I've downloaded and am trying phpWebSite.

Anyone with experience with these systems (CMS, not necessarily tikiwiki, WebGUI or phpWebSite), your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Also, recommendations as to computer "horse" power necessary for these systems would also be nice. We're using, what most small churches would probably use, an older system that was replaced by a laptop for the secretary. It's an AMD Duron 700 mHz w/256 mb of RAM. I'm not planning on running X on this system, to conserve resources, but should we look into a beefier system at a
later time?

I'm in a like situation as you, looking for Postgres/PHP based CMS, and Postgres support is rare in PHP circles... You might want to check Bitweaver (www.bitweaver.org), which is a more CMS-like branching of tikiwiki. It looks quite good for the use I'm planning to put it into, but the burn-in period is still going on.

Xaraya might fit the requirements as well, but cannot remember the specifics. THen there is of course Drupal (www.drupal.org). At least Drupal is in the ports.

CMS's tend to be quite big and sluggish, and the more content you have, the slower they get. Of course the caching schemes etc. incorporated in several of those help, but even the caches need memory that is free and preferably not in the hard disk. For a bit of additional boost, you might consider one of the PHP-accelerators out there.

-Reko