At 02:57 PM 10/10/2007, Gary Kline wrote:

        This is for the system admins out there; I brought up this question
        last weekend, (re xsysstats, an *old* app), but got no answers,
        so again:

        What are the best tools, graphical or otherwise, that I can use
        on  a dedicated Gnome [or CWTM, KDE, Whatever] workspace that
        will help me track each of my four or five computers?
        (((Is xosview broken?  I have it running here on this pre xorg-7.2
        system.)))  xsysstats seems reasonable; are there any others?
        I'd like to be able to spot any overloads of file system snafus
        before they go critical... .

        thanks for any|all insights,

        gary

I use bigsister, from the ports. There are versions for win32 servers as well, so you can monitor cross-platform. Bigsister's output is webbased, plus there are alerts you can setup.

        -Derek

believed to be clean.