icantthinkofone wrote:
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
John wrote:
I've been struggling to get a handle on the FreeBSD system. Making good progress, but then I ran into the fact that Firefox on FreeBSD can't do
flash.  Definite showstopper, for me.  Ok, then I tried to use the
linuxpluginwrapper approach, and it didn't work.

It made me recall, in reading up on FreeBSD, I did see where somebody
installed both Firefox and Linx-firefox.

So before I do battle with this Linux wrapper approach, I wondered if I
would be better off simply installing the Linux-firefox?

Is that easier?  More likely to work?
----> cd /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base-fc6 ; make install clean

There is now:
cd /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base-f7 ; make install clean
which you should use instead -- its newer :)

btw, you don't need both native and Linux Firefox. Native Firefox an do flash just fine.