On 2003-02-06 17:37, Michael Graffam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Who is maintaining the GNU TeXmacs port to FreeBSD?
>
> The port is somewhat out-of-date: 1.0.1 is the current stable release,
> the FreeBSD port is 1.0.0.

You should first try contacting the existing port maintainer.  Looking
from the Makefile of /usr/ports/editors/texmacs, this would be:

        MAINTAINER=     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> So I am in an ideal position to maintain this port for FreeBSD since I
> need the latest releases anyhow for further Octave/TeXmacs development.
>
> That I'm in a position to help the FreeBSD project as well is a happy
> state of affairs, and I'd love to pounce on the opportunity.
>
> So, is there someone specific I should email about all this?

You are always welcome to contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] or submit
patches that update the port.  Courtesy requires though that before
making any widespread changes to the port, you should try to contact
the existing port maintainer.

- Giorgos