Morning, all;
    I'm trying to get a Mitsumi D509V3 1.2MB 5.25" floppy drive
to work on FreeBSD 4.2.6. The operating system reports the drive
is available and definitely makes contact with the drive (visual
confirmation: LED). The issue is during read/write from the
drive. Error message:
    fd0c: hard error reading fsbn 0 (No status)
I have the proper drive type set in the BIOS. FreeBSD seems to
agree according to the dmesg:
    fd0: <1200-KB 5.25" drive> on fdc0 drive 0
I've been doing simple read tests using:
    dd if=/dev/fd0 count=1 bs=512 | hexdump ;
Any suggestions?
Don