Mike Barnard wrote:
Hi, I have an HP Compaq 6720s laptop. I am trying to get X to display
at 1280x800 screen reolution.

I first set it up using  xorgconfig, but i failed to start X. I got an
error saying

intel: No matching device section for instance (BUS ID PCI:0:2:1) found
GARTInt Unable to open /dev/agpgart (No such file or directory)

I tried to use the 915resolution port and this is what it give me.

# 915resolution -l
Intel 800/900 Series VBIOS Hack : version 0.5.3

Intel chipset detected.  However, 915resolution was unable to
determine the chipset type.
Chipset Id: 2a008086
Please report this problem to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
#

I know that i have the Intel x3100 card and then 965GM chipset.

Has anyone managed to get X to display on a wide screen display at
1280x800 on this chipset?

If you're running FreeBSD 7.x and Xorg 7.3, I recommend using the "intel" driver. 915resolution is not necessary with this driver.

--
Regards,
Doug