On Feb 9, 2008 12:17 PM, E. J. Cerejo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Running FBSD 6.3 and after updating the ports where icu was one of the
> ports to be updated I'm getting the libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object
> "libicui18n.so.36" not found, required by "evolution" error, I can see
> that the new version of icu installed "libicui18n.so.38".  Is there a
> better way to fix this or should I just symlink "libicui18n.so.38" to
> "libicui18n.so.36"?

I ran into this myself. The best thing to do is rebuild all the ports
that depend on the icu port:

portupgrade -fr icu-3.8.1

That should rebuild all the things linking against libicui18n.so.36
and re-link them against the new libicu.

You could also do this manually with a small shell script to ldd
things in /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/bin and identify things linked
against the old library and then use pkg_which to find which
packages they belong to, and portupgrade/re-install those.

Josh