Hi,

in addition to the IMPA server, you could run your favorite application at the server and log on remotely.

Erich

Peter Harrison wrote:
I've not run a POP3 server before, but now I'm getting tired of confusing
myself pulling my email down from my ISP across my laptop, desktop, and home
server. Could someone recommend a solution for me?

The situation is that I have a home server (running NFS, Samba, FTP, Apache,
Mysql), plus a desktop and laptop (which generally gets used just around the
house). The desktop and laptop both run fetchmail to collect my email from my
ISP - but obviously this means some of my email ends up on the laptop, and some
on the desktop.

I'm after something like using fetchmail on the server to collect the mail,
then probably sort it with procmail before making it available to my home
network. The aim is for the mail to remain on the home server - Ie. In one
central location on my network.

Any recommendations for a POP3 server that would fit into a home network and
make this easy to understand for the newbie?

Thanks for your help.

Peter Harrison

Peter, Deb, Jessica, & Alex
Visit us online at www.4harrisons.blogspot.com