Quoting Mehul Ved <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 7:15 AM, eculp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 My problem is that I haven't done a linux install since before
 FreeBSD 2.2 IIRC and have no idea which version would be the most
 versatile and has an installer that is basically brain dead simple
 with most all drivers.  I suspect that I am asking the impossible but
 you never know.

Maybe PC-BSD or Sabayon Linux. Sabayon is based on gentoo and contains
lots of proprietory drivers built in. So, if you have no problem with that maybe
you could look at Sabayon Linux too.

I've never heard of Sabayon but will definitely give it a shot on my laptop first and take a good look at the licensing.

I really like the idea of PC-BSD but the Flash thing, holds me back a bit.

ed