Quoting Schiz0 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 8:45 PM, eculp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have installed freebsd server in a small company that has approx 30
 pc's of all sizes, shapes, brands, etc.  They have just realized that
 a large part of the problems that they had before the firewall was
 caused by the 30 windows pc's that were connected directly to the
 ISP's wireless router.  They would like to change the PC's to unix
 desktops.

 I would like to install FreeBSD or any other bsd but don't feel that
 we have the drivers available to substitute such a wide variety of
 hardware.  I would love to be proven wrong.  Therefore I am
 considering a linux version with a graphic installer that will make it
 easier to train someone to install on any new machines that they add
 later.  My problem is that I haven't done a linux install since before
 FreeBSD 2.2 IIRC and have no idea which version would be the most
 versatile and has an installer that is basically brain dead simple
 with most all drivers.  I suspect that I am asking the impossible but
 you never know.

 I'm sure that I'm not the only person to run into this situation and I
 would sure appreciate any suggestions.

 Thanks,

 ed

Ubuntu Linux. It's very windows-users friendly, and has a graphical
installer. It's based on Debian Linux. It also is a  LiveCD, so you
can test hardware before actually installing it to the HDD.

Thanks, I'm going to give it another try after SUSE.

ed