Bjarne Wichmann Petersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> 1) /etc/resolv.conf should say "nameserver 127.0.0.1" and nothing else?

Yes.

> 2) Should my ISP's DNS' be added as forwarders in named.conf.

No.

> If not, where should they be put then?

Nowhere. They are simply not needed, except you provider *requires*
you to use his nameservers and enforces this policy with firewall
rules.

> 3) Since I'm only aiming for a dns-cache I'm right in assuming I should keep
> my hands away from all the zone-stuff?

Much better: follow the instructions in

http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/install.html and
http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/run-cache.html

and then forget any dns- and dns related security problems.

Regards, Frank