Quoting Zbigniew Szalbot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

This got me interested. So basically for a server, you don't do any
upgrades unless there are security issues to solve or new features that
you need?

It seems to me that sometimes if you have waited with an upgrade for
too long, it is more difficult to upgrade than it would have been if
you had followed all small updates which appeared along the way...

I think you have to differentiate between updates and upgrades. I consider an upgrade moving from one release to another (say from 6.2 to 6.3), while security patches are updates.

I always run updates, but I don't always follow upgrades. Recently I upgraded one older machine from 5.5 to 6.2 (en even more recent to 6.3).

Peter

--
http://www.boosten.org