Manolis Kiagias wrote:
Wojciech Puchar wrote:
i don't think it's freebsd version dependent, unless developers made a bug.

all these systems are behind ADSL routers and use NAT. Their internal addresses are in the 192.168.0.X range. I could easily consider this a problem of the (cheap) ADSL routers, but 6

very likely. yesterday i configured chinese 5 WLAN/LAN switch/routers, it looks like it's software was written by someone during single lunch break ;)

i found 2 bugs not even searching much. but - as just a LAN/WLAN bridges they work fine.

I too, am very well aware of the "quality" of these systems :)

and 7 use the same model (OTOH, there may be different firmware versions).

but WHAT are external IP's of these routers. this is important.

if the "problem" host is A.B.C.255 check if routers external IP isn't A.B.C.something

No, I just checked again with DynDNS update logs and all three routers had very different IP addresses at the time I was trying.

Checking with the internal log of the router confirmed the suspicions of people answering my question: The adsl router is responsible for the problem with the 255 address. It seems it cuts out these addresses as some kind of "attack". No changes in configuration (firewall, protection and so on) on the router itself disables it. It seems I will have to live with it ;) Oh well...