> Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 15:07:31 -0400
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: Lock down the all-staff email list? sendmail, alias, majordomo?
>
> brad davison wrote:
> > What is the best way to have a list that only certain users are able to
> > send to?
>

> That sounds like you're getting into a full blown mailing0list package.  I
> set up the "minimalist" port for a small list last year.  Small & very easy
> to config.  I think it has the restriction you want.
>
>   -R

The majordomo and mailman were a bit more than what I was looking for.  The
minimalist port does look like it does exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm
having an issue getting it configured.

My minimalist port seems to have been installed in
'/usr/local/share/minimalist' and the config file appears to be in
'/usr/local/etc/minimalist.conf'.  All files are under the '/usr/local/share'
folder except the minimalist.conf in '/usr/local/etc'

I have set the directory directive to '/usr/local/share/minimalist' in the
'/usr/local/etc/minimalist.conf' and created my list directories under there,
but I am not able to see it when I send 'info' message to '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'.

reply from server for email with 'info' as subject:

Sincerely, the Minimalist

under /usr/local/share/minimalist:

My list.lst file has:

I have the farm and south directories with a very short list file:
list:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

my /usr/local/etc/minimalist.conf (only non-commented lines)
minimalist.conf
directory = /usr/local/share/minimalist
password = 12345
admin = [EMAIL PROTECTED]
auth = mailfrom [EMAIL PROTECTED]:@/usr/local/etc/mml.trusted

Any ideas where I might be going wrong?  The mechanism seems to be working, as
I can send messages to 'minimalist' and get info, but its not seeing my lists.

Thanks