[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

For example, I think the installation and local language support(I need to read and input Chinese frequently) of ubuntu may be better than FreeBSD.

I believe most of those sorts of enhancements would be provided by the applications or desktop environment. Gnome or KDE should have similar language support regardless of OS. However, you may have to enable language-specific features when building each port - run 'make config' before building to be sure there aren't any optional but disabled options related to language support.

There are also language specific ports of some applications - check the ports tree in /usr/ports/chinese/ for information (after installing).

--Andrew