At 01:11 PM 6/16/2008, Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum wrote:
Im sorry to repeat a thread from last week, but ive been trying ever since to upgrade a port and havent been able to. If someone can make another suggestion, i would be
very very greatful.

As i said in the "libcdio upgrade problems" thread, i have installed the libcdio port, but when other ports try to build, they fail, telling me that libcdio is already installed and i need to make deinstall and make reinstall of it. I did this, but got the same message. Ive tried every variant, and would be happy to try brute force versions too. I deinstalled it and let the other port try to install it, i deinstalled all related ports so things could try again from scratch, i set the environment variables about forcing package registration,
whatever i could.

The ports tree is up to date. Id install libcdio as a package, but its not new enough.

Something must be corrupted somewhere and i want to fix it, manually if necessary, but i
just dont know what to do.

Thanks again and sorry for the new thread, but Im running out of options.

Jen

Your post doesn't specify what version of FreeBSD you are using. Nor does your post specify what port(s) are the issue, or what utility if any you are using to upgrade a port.

In general, you can use either portupgrade or portmanager to keep installed ports up to date.

        -Derek

believed to be clean.