On Sunday 29 June 2008, Ashish Shukla आशीष शुक्ल wrote:
> I think how without specifying zone index[1] in link-local address
> worked, it is probably due to availability of only single inet6
> interface except lo0.

The physical and virtual interfaces on the system are exactly as before.
I'm guessing that my setup worked as a side effect of a now-fixed bug,
probably the same one that was preventing me from using the 2001:
defaultrouter when I first got the system up and running.

> Just wanted to confirm, is following command worked ? if possible paste
> the output:
>
> % ping6 fe80::213:10ff:fe79:137a

$ ping6 fe80::213:10ff:fe79:137a
ping6: UDP connect: Network is unreachable

This is after rebooting with ipv6_defaultrouter="2001:470:a80a:1::1".

--
Kirk Strauser