(And yes, while one can run FreeBSD just fine on a Macbook, Sahil is
right that the question is off-topic for these lists.  :-)

        Well, considering that they asked us (and NetBSD) for clues when
        they were porting OSX, it didn't seem like my post was *that*
        far Off! maybe a tiny bit.

        Anyway, thanks to everybody who replied onlist and off.

        gary

I don't think it's far OT, either, since IMHO, Mac desktops and FreeBSD servers are the perfect, practical combination for many organizations, including my own.

-- John