On Wednesday 19 February 2003 00.13, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 February 2003 21:44, Stijn Hoop wrote:
> > Even better, check out http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/. A
> > simple cvs co && gmake will do.
>
> I can't make it work with Konqueror...
> Anyone succeded in making in work ?
> Thanks.

Make what work? so you can click on a file and it opens in mplayer?

Run kappfinder, let it find your mplayer binary and add it to the K menu.  In
KControl, go to the file associations module, and make sure mplayer is
associated with the file formats you want.  Move it up to the top to make it
the default player (the one that runs when you click on a file), or leave it
where it is, and it will be available in the right click -> open with menu
for any associated file type.

For what it's worth, Lioux and I just spent the whole night working (ok, him
mostly working, me mostly cheerleading) on fixing the xine arts plugin -
giving noatun and kaboodle the ability to directly play any video format that
libxine provides, a feature that previously hasn't worked on FreeBSD.  Video
thumbnail previews in Konqueror, and an embeddable sidebar player to come as
soon as we figure out how to make them work too.  Look for ports in a cvsup
near you any hour now.

Regards,
--
Lauri Watts