On Aug 27, 2008, at 7:38 AM, Peter Ulrich Kruppa wrote:
for some time now I keep receiving spam mails from my own (small) mail server, some of them with faked usernames some of them even with my own ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).
 1) How is this possible?

Forging email headers is trivial. You can do it with telnet by hand, although spammers tend to use malware which blasts lots of messages....

 2) What can I or do I have to do against it?
I am running a quite plain sendmail setup from 7.0 -STABLE.

Configuring anti-spam measures is something that would occupy a book. For starters, look into greylisting, RBLs, and anti-spam tools which hook into the milter interface. There's also some config-level changes documented here:

  http://www.sendmail.org/m4/anti_spam.html

Regards,
--
-Chuck