Warren Liddell wrote:
On Saturday 30 August 2008 01:46:04 Oliver Peter wrote:
On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 09:58:39PM +1000, Warren Liddell wrote:
I have gone through the info from various sites, handbooks, email
archives and yet still k3b doesnt detect neither 1 of my 2 SATA Burners
.. i use FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE KDE4 AMD64. below r the 2 burners as they
appear in dmesg.

acd0: DVDR <TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203D/SB00> at ata2-master SATA150
acd1: DVDR <ATAPI DVD A DH20A3S/9P56> at ata3-master SATA150
Can you try to load the 'atapicam' module?

Yeah i have it loaded :)

When the atapicam module is loaded, it treats ATAPI CDs like SCSI ones, so you should get names like cd0 and cd1. Can you perform an ls /dev/cd* and see if these devices exist? I haven't used a SATA recorder in my machine yet, but since the ata driver attaches to them, I see no reason they should not work with atapicam. Have you tried burning from the command line? And have you followed all the post-install instructions in k3b? (try make showinfo in the port's directory).