can't you simply use growisofs in command line. it's so simple.

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008, Warren Liddell wrote:

I have gone through the info from various sites, handbooks, email archives and
yet still k3b doesnt detect neither 1 of my 2 SATA Burners .. i use FreeBSD
7.0-STABLE KDE4 AMD64. below r the 2 burners as they appear in dmesg.

acd0: DVDR <TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203D/SB00> at ata2-master SATA150
acd1: DVDR <ATAPI DVD A DH20A3S/9P56> at ata3-master SATA150