On Sep 23, 2008, at 1:16 PM, Mel wrote:

On Tuesday 23 September 2008 15:54:10 John Almberg wrote:

I have two FreeBSD machines. One is a application server, the other a
database server running mysql. These machines are in two different
locations. I'd like to allow the application server to access mysql
through an SSH tunnel.

Any recommendations, much appreciated.

You can use Vince's suggestion, or simply use SSL connections to the mysql
server. Each have their own pros and cons.

Thanks Vince & Mel for your responses.

I guess I will try the simple SSL approach first and see if that does the trick.

I appreciate the advice!

Brgds: John