On Fri, 17 Oct 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I have tried the reccomendations that you guys have suggested with no luck.

Here is my current printcap.

admincolor|LANIER LD160c RPCS:\
        :lp=\
        :mx#0:\
        :sd=/var/spool/output/admincolor:\
        :rm=admincolor:\
        :lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
        :if=/usr/local/libexec/crfilter:\
        :sh:\
        :tr=\f:

Please trim your responses and don't top-post, as it makes responding to your messages difficult.

The printcap still has no :rp=lp: line. HP printers aren't picky about that, but other brands sometimes are.

You've also added a filter and kept the multiple printer names. Things like that make more complexity to debug. Wait until you have basic communication working. The exact suggested printcap entry:

admincolor:\
         :lp=:\
         :sh:\
         :mx#0:\
         :rm=admincolor:\
         :rp=lp:\
         :sd=/var/spool/output/admincolor:\
         :lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:

Note: one printer name (who needs more than one, really?). rm= and rp= entries. No filter; I think that printer can handle PostScript and PCL.

Put that printcap entry in /etc/printcap, then send a PostScript test to the printer (all one line):

printf "%%\!PS\n/Courier findfont 20 scalefont setfont 72 72 moveto (Test!) show
showpage\f" | lpr -P admincolor