It's pretty close to 100% all the time. I guess I am overestimating the horsepower of
this machine.

Oddly enough, while ntop itself claims to be using 80-95% of the cpu, the
user/system/irq generally does not add up to 100%. In fact, user is generally 15-20%,
system is 20-50%, irq is <10% and idle is >35% all the time.

I set the debug_bpf_bufsize also, to 65536. No change.

Sounds like I get to spend some more money :).

-Will