George Davidovich wrote:
On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 07:47:38PM +0100, Roland Smith wrote:
On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 12:54:24PM -0500, Grant Peel wrote:
2. I want to import my Oulook express folders to Thinderbird. I know
it can be done on windows, but when I try the impirt feature
(running Thunderbord on FreeBSD), there is no option to do this. Is
there a way?
The /usr/ports/mail/libpst port contains a tool called readpst which
can convert them to e.g. mailbox (mbox) format. Thunderbird should be
able to import mbox files.

Never used Outlook Express, but its file format, IIRC, is different than
that used by Outlook (.pst).
shoulf be easy to import outlook express into outlook
Either way, the best option would be to install Thunderbird on the
Windows machine and use Thunderbird there to import the OE mail.  The
resulting mbox file(s) can then be simply copied over to his FreeBSD
box.