Alex,

This is known problem with FreeBSD and ICH7..ICH8..ICH9 chipsets. There is a
patch for it:

http://www.nabble.com/Vital-Patches-for-ataraid-with-Intel-Matrix-RAID-(ICH7)-td16179257.html

I though didn't test the patch, and funny thing, I posted  earlier today asking
if anyone had tried out that patch.

Hope this helps, keep me posted if you're able to bring it online.

Thanks,

Tamouh