ill...@gmail.com skrev:
2009/4/26 Jorg Andersson <jorg_anders...@lavabit.com>:
On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 03:45:33PM -0600, Tim Judd wrote:
I don't recall FreeBSD supporting extended partitions... at all
I remember reading they aren't in /dev/ but still is mountable. Is this
still the case?

They show up just fine here (8-current),
and I am fairly sure they were visible in
/dev when I was running 7.x

The "big deal" is that you can't (easily)
install FreeBSD on a logical slice.

I've had my FreeBSD running from a logical slice for a while now. It's not too hard to do if you already have a working FreeBSD on one of the primary slices.

To be able to boot the system I use a patched GRUB boot manager and a patched FreeBSD /boot/loader

The tricky part is bootstrapping the system to get all this in place.

Gyrd ^_^